Yialasi Hotel
Tel: +30 27530 96560

Languages:
  • Greek
  • English

Monastery of Kalami (Argolida)

21_MONI KALAMIOUIt was built in the 15th century by three monks of the Monastery of Agnounda. Nowadays, only the old catholicon with the three hermitages of the first monks still remains. In 1616 the old chapel was covered with hagiographies, which are very well preserved. Since 1972 it is a female monastery, where 26 nuns live. The main church is dedicated to the Assumption of Mary and is commemorated on the 23rd of August, when there is also a religious festival. The handicrafts of the nuns, such as hagiographies, gold embroideries and marble carvings, are quite famous.

 

Recent Posts

    Epidaurus Festival

    Epidaurus Festival

    Every July and August during the week ends you can participate at [...]
    Musical July – Small Theater of Epidaurus

    Musical July – Small Theater of Epidaurus

    "Musical July" takes place every weekend of July in the Small Theatre [...]
    Fair of Agri-tourism

    Fair of Agri-tourism

    It’s a fair where local traditional products are displayed (open on Su[...]